How to Post a Comment

I have gotten many questions about how to post comments to my blog (don't worry, you are not alone!), and so hopefully these instructions will help: 1) At the bottom of the post on which you would like to comment, click "Comment". 2) In the new window, type your comment in the box provided on the right-hand side. 3) Scroll down to "Choose an identity". It is not necessary to create a Google account, so if it takes you to this option, say no! 3) Choose either "Other" or "Anonymous". If you choose "Other", put in your name in the space that appears. If you choose "Anonymous", please sign your name within your comment. Otherwise, I will have no way of knowing it is from you! 4) Click "Publish Your Comment"! Hopefully this will eliminate the major obstacle to interacting with me while I am Europe. I can't wait to hear from all of you!

Monday, January 22, 2007

Italian Excursion Finalized

So it has taken me over a month (I personally blame it on my green-ness as a trip planner), but my 10 days in Italy are finally...well, final. I am very proud of the fact that I have successfully narrowed down my list of places to see in Italy from everything to a more manageable list, which is the following, in chronological order:
  1. Venice
  2. Florence
  3. Rome
  4. Pompeii
  5. a surprise for Sam (:D)
  6. Siena

Now that those 10 days are solid, I just have to worry about the other 18 days...

As my time at Emerson Climate Technologies winds down, I cannot believe I am so close to leaving this country behind for SIX months. In preparation, I find myself observing people and their general habits more closely, wondering which if any of them are uniquely American traits. Our obsession with reality shows and fast food, our love of shopping malls and hatred of aristocratic manners may all disappear in the presence of medieval castles and foreign languages. I look forward to the slow, leisurely European pace with greater opportunity to enjoy life and soak up the sights, but as an American who is obsessed with punctuality, I may also find the change difficult to handle or comprehend. Who knows? Only time in Italy will tell me if I will love gelato or can tolerate that stereotypical Italian male attitude; France, if I like wine rather than water with meals or can relate to and understand that devout French patriotism. As an avid people watcher, I plan on using those long meals and seemingly slower-moving clocks as an excuse to discover what is the same and what is surprisingly/delightfully different about the European philosophy toward everyday life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you, Angie - and strangely, I don't feel much more than a twinge of jealousy. I don't think I am quite cut out to travel yet - especially not as adventurously as you :) Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Okay Angie, I'm giving it a shot! Consider this our test run.
Amy and crew (Jacob, Samuel, Kate & Olivia)