How to Post a Comment

I have gotten many questions about how to post comments to my blog (don't worry, you are not alone!), and so hopefully these instructions will help: 1) At the bottom of the post on which you would like to comment, click "Comment". 2) In the new window, type your comment in the box provided on the right-hand side. 3) Scroll down to "Choose an identity". It is not necessary to create a Google account, so if it takes you to this option, say no! 3) Choose either "Other" or "Anonymous". If you choose "Other", put in your name in the space that appears. If you choose "Anonymous", please sign your name within your comment. Otherwise, I will have no way of knowing it is from you! 4) Click "Publish Your Comment"! Hopefully this will eliminate the major obstacle to interacting with me while I am Europe. I can't wait to hear from all of you!

Friday, February 2, 2007

HUGE HUGE Thank you!

Although they do not know about the blog, I would still like to take the opportunity to publicly thank four people at Ashland University: Jim Barnes, Vice President of Business Affairs; Carl Gerbasi, Vice President of Enrollment Management; Terri Hudson, Bookstore Director; and Jill Hiltner, Bookstore Assistant Manager/Merchandise Manager. Jim Barnes and Carl Gerbasi, when I asked them for help in purchasing gifts to take with me to Erfurt University, lent me their support in a very big way. Carl sent me a goody bag of T-shirts, pens, and wristwatches, while Jim sent me to the Bookstore to meet Jill and Terri, who helped me pick out a whole slew of AU gear to take with me to Erfurt. To give you a better idea of their extreme generosity, check out the picture of all my booty below:I felt it was very important to thank Erfurt University for hosting me this semester, and as the first student from AU to study at Erfurt, my presence there would have a great impact on their general opinion of Ashland University. It is a good idea for me to make a good impression, and to stress, through my attitude toward Erfurt University, AU's hope for a long-lasting and prosperous relationship. With that in mind, I knew I did not have the resources to do this message justice. So Carl, Jim, Terri and Jill, thank you SO SO much for recognizing the importance of bringing gifts to Erfurt, and for your willingness to go above and beyond what was minimally necessary. I mean, this is literally hundreds of dollars worth of awesome stuff!! My gratitude cannot be understated.
So, at the end of the day, there are two things that I can guarantee as a result: 1) the people of Erfurt University will really appreciate the gesture and AU's thoughtfulness, and 2) I will hopefully come back with similar offerings from Erfurt (because if nothing else, I will personally reciprocate the generosity).
Germany Countdown: 5 days

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't get the picture to work! Help!

Anonymous said...

I am getting so excited and anxious for you. I see the mounds of things for you to pack and worry that there just won't be room....I am definitely the worrier in the family and I am so proud that you are willing to ride the turbulence and go witht he flow. You make me so proud!! Love you.

Anonymous said...

I see my typo...I'll have to type slower...my keyboard acts up!

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of loot to lug around. Why don't you have it shipped over once you get there?
You realize your mother is sitting on a mountain of anxiety and pretending it's only an ant hill!John and a buddy leave for the Netherlands tomorrow. The hostel is actually an old house boat docked in some canal somewhere. That's al the ifo I got! A canal somewhere in the Netherlands...you Cook kids are something else!
2 more days!!!

Anonymous said...

Oops, I mean 3 more days....I thought today was Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Dear Angie,
Are you ready to go to Germany? We can't wait to hear all about your travels. Have a safe trip.
Love,
KATE

Anonymous said...

Hey Ang, we miss you already but we hope you are having a great time! Can't wait to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

Angie, I'm so glad you're having this marvelous adventure. I can't wait to hear about the things you're seeing and doing.

I'll try to drag your mother out for lunch one day this week and have her catch me up on your news.