How to Post a Comment

I have gotten many questions about how to post comments to my blog (don't worry, you are not alone!), and so hopefully these instructions will help: 1) At the bottom of the post on which you would like to comment, click "Comment". 2) In the new window, type your comment in the box provided on the right-hand side. 3) Scroll down to "Choose an identity". It is not necessary to create a Google account, so if it takes you to this option, say no! 3) Choose either "Other" or "Anonymous". If you choose "Other", put in your name in the space that appears. If you choose "Anonymous", please sign your name within your comment. Otherwise, I will have no way of knowing it is from you! 4) Click "Publish Your Comment"! Hopefully this will eliminate the major obstacle to interacting with me while I am Europe. I can't wait to hear from all of you!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Now in Paris

So I took a night train from Florence to Paris last night, and already I am liking this country, and it somehow surprised me how excited I was when I arrived. The people are not as cold as I expected (perhaps it is just that the Italians are worse) and the city is so clean! How does a city this big manage it?

So far I have seen Notre Dame, which was beautiful, Sainte-Chapelle, which wasn't as wonderful as I anticipated, the Deportation Memorial, which was moving in its compellingly simple construction, and the Roudin Museum, which has introduced me to a new favorite artist. The Thinker was powerful..heck, ALL of the sculptures were powerful in their rich emotions. I took pictures of some of my favorites. Look forward to those once I am in Erfurt!

Tomorrow, I am off to the Louvre. Good luck retrieving me!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your bloggings about France. All of the places that you talk about I have been to!!! It just makes me remember how amazing it really all is. Did you get to see the artists' district in Paris which is in front of Sacre-Coeur - it truly is one of a kind! I brought back pictures from there that are now hanging in my room at home.

Also I give you major props for doing D'Orsay and the Louve! Personally the gift shops the Louve - way cool also lol. I hope you got to see Louis XIV's quarters when he lived there. Maggie and I both agreed when we were there that the chandliers are worth more than our houses!! Hahaha.

There was just so much to see that I wish I could go back! I'm sure that you will have some amazing pictures! I can't wait to see them :)