How to Post a Comment

I have gotten many questions about how to post comments to my blog (don't worry, you are not alone!), and so hopefully these instructions will help: 1) At the bottom of the post on which you would like to comment, click "Comment". 2) In the new window, type your comment in the box provided on the right-hand side. 3) Scroll down to "Choose an identity". It is not necessary to create a Google account, so if it takes you to this option, say no! 3) Choose either "Other" or "Anonymous". If you choose "Other", put in your name in the space that appears. If you choose "Anonymous", please sign your name within your comment. Otherwise, I will have no way of knowing it is from you! 4) Click "Publish Your Comment"! Hopefully this will eliminate the major obstacle to interacting with me while I am Europe. I can't wait to hear from all of you!

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Phase One of England Complete!

Tomorrow morning I leave for Bath, which I hear is beautiful. Can't wait!!

Today I slept in the best I could, what with rather rude roommates, and headed off to the British Museum. This one was incredible; I can now say that I have gazed upon the Rosetta Stone, the treasures of the Sutton Hoo ship burial, the Assyrian Lions, and the Elgin Marbles of the Parthenon, among many many other historical delights. Like the Louvre, I went on and on until I could take no more, and I loved every minute of those almost five hours. It was a morning well-spent in exploring the history of civilization, in all of its complexities.

After that, I did a walk around Trafalgar Square, saw the Horse Guards (poor guys, sitting on horses all day and getting stared at and photographed by countless giggling tourists), stood outside #10 Downing Street (I thought for SURE that I was going to get a glimpse of Tony Blair, but no such luck), said hello to Churchill outside the Houses of Parliament, took some pictures of Westminster Abbey, and walked down to Buckingham Palace. I have to say that the White House is more impressive-looking, but the memorial to Queen Victoria out front is really neat. Although, I will give the royals this, I do envy them for the absolute beauty that surrounds their 'humble' abode; St. James Park and the Mall were absolutely out of this world! They were a touch of peace and quiet in a tumultuous city, a spark of green in a sea of pavement. I stood and gawked at this artificial patch of wilderness far longer than I did the actual palace. The Mall was fantastically lined with the vibrant colors of the British flag, which on such a sunny day made the entire area picturesque and worth the very long walk it took to get there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I thought you said you were going to post to your blog! That's OK though, I'll check back later. Anyway, I checked out that movie Becoming Jane, and it's US release date is Aug 3, so we'll have to go when you come home. It's a plan!